Gauging opinions, feelings, and attitudes about a product, service, marketing campaign, or brand
• The dynamic created by a small group of carefully recruited people, when guided by a skilled moderator, can provide insight into themes, patterns, and trends.
• Allows participants to openly share experiences, perceptions, wants/needs, and fantasies.
• Design-related inquiries may include:
– Reviewing processes that take place over time
– Explanations of what is not desirable about the current state
– Uncovering the underlying emotions while going through a given process
– Work-arounds and hacks to improve the process
– Learning how members establish social capital
– Understanding constructs and mental models shared by group members ...