Workflow analysis, including user actions, system response, and environmental context
• Task encompasses any physical actions and mental processes as activities used to achieve goals and any information flows within the system environment.
• Designers typically incorporate a blend of qualitative and quantitative approaches to gain insight into user and task processes.
• The method targets user options, tools, decision points, common mistakes, corrections, inputs/outputs, frequency and importance of tasks, and risks of failure.
• Actions in task decomposition can be organized by categories, such as purpose, cues, objects, method, and options.
• A Hierarchical Task Analysis (HTA) typically results in tree diagrams or flowcharts, ...