The written collection and synthesis of research on a given topic
• These are intended to distill information from published sources, capturing the essence of previous research or projects to inform the current project.
• Strategies for organizing may be categorical, chronological, thematic, or methodological.
• Internet resources have expedited searches but judgment is needed to ensure relevance and credibility of sources.
• May include books, chapters, journal and magazine articles, theses and dissertations, corporate and academic websites and blogs, and past design projects.
• The guiding factor in selecting literature should be relevance, clearly suggesting how it informed the design investigation.
• Literature reviews ...