Information collected and synthesized from existing data and sources
• Secondary research establishes what has been done and what hasn’t, identifying opportunity gaps to help suggest a research direction and methods.
• It is sometimes referred to as desk research, in contrast to primary research conducted as fieldwork or empirical research.
• Sources may include books, research papers, journal articles, and conference papers, records and statistics, or any number of other archives.
• In design, research might include precedent projects, products or documented case studies, photographs, maps, diagrams, and other visual support records.
• It is traditionally summarized in systematic reviews or literature reviews, with full ...