Gauging first-impression emotional responses to product and service designs
• This explores the affective response that different designs elicit from people based on first impressions.
• Using index cards with positive, neutral, and negative adjectives written on them, participants pick those that describe how they feel about a design or prototype.
• It can focus attention on responses from end users, instead of on personal opinions that often leave teams at an impasse.
• When the process is applied repeatedly, the team can begin to compare and cluster the words that are most frequently chosen and visualize the results.
• The method helps focus the design team efforts on shaping the exact emotional response they want ...