Provocative instruments to inspire new forms of self-understanding and communication
• Use materials such as postcards, journals, cameras, text, and imagery to gather personal insights from participants.
• Provocations are designed to inspire people to thoughtfully consider personal context and circumstance and respond in unique, creative ways.
• Materials should be varied and imaginative to elicit responses that are relevant to the design inquiry.
• Probes are flexible, open-ended, and intentionally subjective, collecting inspirational data to stimulate design imagination.
• Design probes support empathic understanding through information gathering over a prolonged period, where the researcher cannot be present.
• Probe ...