Participant sorting of concepts, terms, or features into meaningful categories and relationships using printed cards
• Used to explore how participants group items into categories and relate concepts to one another, whether for digital interface design or a table of contents.
• It can be used to identify terminology that is vague, misunderstood, or has multiple meanings associated with it.
• Card sorting can also be used to generate options for structuring information, identifying different schemas for organizing navigation, menus, and taxonomies.
• It validates that the categories in your product or service actually reflect the mental model of your audience.
• Including blank cards and markers allows participants to add their ...