Deep approximations of human or environmental conditions
• Effective simulations forge a tangible, immersive sense of real-life user experience to influence design sensitivity and decisions.
• Simulated real-world conditions can provide empathic emotional experiences or test functional interactions like response time and decision-making.
• These exercises have been used in military, aircraft and NASA training, driving simulators, and virtual worlds.
• In design, exercises might approximate the limitations experienced by people with physical disabilities, brain injuries, or age-related sense and cognition deficits.
• Low-tech simulations can utilize wheelchairs, manipulated glasses lenses, or blindfolds to empathically ...