Measurements of how well you are doing against quantifiable, widely accepted business goals
• KPIs measure where you were yesterday and where you are today, in relationship to where you are trying to go in terms of some predefined business objective.
• Each KPI is a measurement derived from an individual’s interaction with your product or service.
• KPIs are great for quantifying behavior or value metrics (e.g., the ratio of people who abandon their shopping cart versus those who complete the sale).
• As an action-oriented measure, KPIs can help:
– Recognize, prioritize, and react as issues occur
– Meaningfully summarize and compare data and use it to your advantage
– Document a business case for change ...