Voluntary completion of tasks or micro-projects by an undefined, large group of people
• This brings together users and testers to evaluate prototypes and submit potential solutions to problems.
• Micro-tasks are accessed via a common platform that can be completed by volunteers within seconds or minutes.
• Participants receive monetary (a micropayment) or nonmonetary (reputation points) compensation.
• Design straightforward, uncomplicated tasks to get the most volunteers to participate.
• Include questions that have a bona-fide answer as part of the task to prevent volunteers from “gaming” the system by entering nonsense responses.
• Devise tasks so that completing them correctly and in good faith requires as much or even ...