Product or interface configurations generated by users from a component kit of parts
• In industrial design, Velcro modeling presents physical product forms and features sets such as buttons and controls covered in fabric and fasteners for quick configurations.
• In interaction design, interface elements may be presented on paper, card, or in digital form for the users to arrange in a way that makes sense to them.
• For environmental design and space planning, scale model parts or paper templates can be arranged.
• Ambiguous elements may be configured to represent either realistic or ideal “fantasy” artifacts for participants to overlay their own expressions, needs, and desires.
• For analysis, configured artifacts can ...