Writing to express sentiments to a personified product or service
• The Love Letter conveys what people feel during moments of connection with a product, including delight, infatuation, and loyalty.
• The Breakup Letter provides insight about how, when, and where a relationship with a product turned sour, to understand why people abandon a product.
• Both exercises are great techniques to use in a group dynamic, including design workshops, group interviews, and icebreaker sessions.
• Ask participants to spend no more than ten minutes on a letter and then volunteers can read theirs aloud.
• The physical letters are important research artifacts, while video can capture participant expressions and voices. ...