Cards with images and words help people think about and share true experiences
• In a session, participants recall an experience, using the cards to support memories and evoke conversation.
• Picture cards stem from activity theory, which asserts, “the human mind is the product of our interaction with people and artifacts in the context of everyday activity.”
• Cards are created with images and caption text relevant to the research inquiry, but connected to the personal accounts of participant lives.
• Card sets should account for current and future product and service experiences and include blank cards for details that might emerge during sessions.
• The method should be used flexibly, adding, subtracting, and editing picture ...