Conversation to collect first-hand accounts of experience, opinions, attitudes, and perceptions
• They are best conducted in person to include nuances of personal expression and body language, but may also be conducted by phone or social media.
• They may follow a script of questions or simply have a guiding topic, which allows for flexible detours in conversational form.
• Stakeholder interviews focus on information from specific roles or people who may have a vested interest in the particular inquiry.
• Key informant interviews concentrate on people who have specialized or expert knowledge to contribute.
• Interviews of couples or groups should be moderated so conversations are not dominated by one person.
• Interviews can be ...