A method used to ground design arguments in research observations and business directives
• This is a rigorous synthesis method designed to help teams bridge the “analysis-synthesis” gap between research and design ideas in a business context.
• Elito brings the multidisciplinary team together after primary and/or secondary research has been conducted.
• Using a spreadsheet and a projector, the team captures its work and thinking in five “Elito entities,” which together create “logic line” design arguments:
– Observation: “What did you see, read, or hear?”
– Judgment: “What is your opinion about that observation?”
– Value: “What values are ultimately at work?”
– Concept/Sketch: “What can the design team do to solve this problem?” ...