The possible actions resulting from any of the states/intensity of anger as mentioned previously are shown in the following figure:
Actions of Anger
We will now see what they represent:
- Dispute: This means disagreeing in a manner that may escalate the conflict
- Passive-aggressive: This means taking indirect actions that have an angry undercurrent
- Insult: This involves belittling an other person in an offensive or hurtful way that is likely to escalate the conflict rather than resolve it
- Quarrel: This involves verbally opposing in a manner intended to escalate the disagreement
- Scream/Yell: This involves losing control of one's ...