CONCEPTUALIZING A USEFUL EVALUATION THAT FITS THE SITUATION
Nevo (1981) revised a list of questions initially proposed by Stufflebeam (1974) in an effort to conceptualize evaluation and its key dimensions. The revised list remains applicable today:
- How is evaluation defined?
- What are the functions of evaluation?
- What are the objects of evaluation?
- What kinds of information should be collected regarding each object?
- What criteria should be used to judge the merit or worth of an evaluated object?
- Who should be served by the evaluation?
- What is the process of doing an evaluation?
- What methods of inquiry should be used in evaluation?
- Who should do evaluation?
- By what standards should evaluation be judged?
Some reflective questions will help formulate ...