STRENGTHS AND LIMITATIONS
Below are some strengths and limitations commonly associated with Kirkpatrick's model:
- Simple to conceptualize
- Provides a framework that easily helps people think about measuring training
- Provides four basic categories of training success indicators: reaction, learning, relevant on-the-job behaviors, and organizational results
- Popularity could help promote evaluation within the organization
- Created specifically for training interventions and thus may be perceived as a reliable approach to evaluation by training departments
- Simplicity can lead to misunderstandings and overgeneralizations.
- The model was created specifically for training interventions and thus does not fully address all important ...