STRENGTHS AND LIMITATIONS
The CIPP model has the following strengths and limitations.
- The model was not designed with any specific program or solution in mind; thus, it can be easily applied to multiple evaluation situations.
- Its comprehensive approach to evaluation can be applied from program planning to program outcomes and fulfillment of core values.
- The model is well established and has a long history of applicability.
- The model could be said to blur the line between evaluation and other investigative processes such as needs assessment.
- It is not as widely known and applied in the performance improvement field as other models.