PURPOSES AND OBJECTIVES OF CAREER DEVELOPMENT
The purposes and objectives of career development programme, therefore, can be listed as follows:
- To attract and retain effective persons in an organization.
- To utilize human resources optimally.
- To improve morale and motivation level of employees.
- To reduce employee turnover.
- To practice a balanced ‘promotion from within’ policy.
- To make employees adaptable to changes.
- To increase employees’ loyalty and commitment to the organizations.
- To maintain harmonious industrial relations.
- To inculcate equitable employment practices providing equal career progression opportunities to women and minorities.